Princeton Citizen Scientists
I was recently elected the president of Princeton Citizen Scientists for the 2021 – 2022 school year. This coming year, our group aims to:
- Lead a Wintersession course on science communication for Princeton undergraduates. This class would be a collaboration with Princeton Insights.
- Resume our annual trip to Washington DC, where PCS members discuss science advocacy issues of interest with representatives on Capitol Hill.
- Host a seminar session with colleagues from Germany and abroad, comparing climate movements across the globe.
- Continue the efforts of the PCS RISE taskforce, which was funded for a survey on the sources of systemic injustice in science and academia.
- Work with science advocates at Rutgers University in order to establish a firm local intercollegiate advocacy network.
This past year, PCS has taught me so much about science advocacy. I eagerly anticipate the ability for PCS to gather in person post-pandemic, and look forward to seeing what comes from our work over the upcoming academic year.